Weddings are big business, and I don’t think it’s a secret that – especially in the States – people are willing to spend way too much time and money on a huge, lavish, one-day party.
Which is all to say that calling one off isn’t easy, nor does it happen as often as you might think – but these 11 people found they just couldn’t go through with it.
11. This confession for sure takes a turn.
I have no idea how I would respond if he was my friend.
10. It brings out the worst in people.
So you have to decide whether or not that worst is something you’re willing to deal with forever.
9. As any good friend would.
I hope he realizes what he’s in for if he runs into anyone from the wedding party.
8. When you know for sure, you know for sure.
And that’s something most people aren’t willing to compromise on.
7. At least he had the guts to call it off.
Instead of just trying to have his wedding cake and eat it too.
6. Seems like a pretty big red flag.
Maybe he thought so, too.
5. She’d had enough of that.
And knew she didn’t want to deal with it for a lifetime.
4. I hate this but also love her conviction so much.
No one should settle for someone who doesn’t listen.
3. It might have been cold feet.
Or she might have made the best decision of her life.
2. This is a mature assessment, for sure.
More people should be willing to walk away when they realize this truth.
1. That seems like an excuse.
But I would consider it a bullet dodged.
I mean, when you know it’s not right you have to walk away, no matter how many people you think you’ll upset or how much money has already been invested. Kudos.
If you or someone you know has called off a wedding, tell us why and whether or not there was fallout in the process!