Is signing a prenuptial agreement completely unromantic? Yes. It absolutely is unromantic. You know what else is unromantic? The fact that a marriage is a legally binding contract between two people to share ALL of their possessions.
We all like to pretend that it isn’t that, but it is.
We also all like to pretend that untold numbers of people haven’t been tricked into getting married and then losing A LOT of their possessions as a result.
These 14 people had to deal with prenups, and their reactions to them are sometimes shocking and sometimes completely relatable.
14. Neither of you? It’s okay to not want one, and it’s okay to want one.
13. But is it?!
12. You shouldn’t have an exit strategy for a legally binding contract that ends more than 50% of the time? Cool story…
11. Don’t risk it. Ever.
10. I love the way she looks at it. What’s mine is ours IF we’re married. It’s not yours if we’re not. Done and done.
9. You sign the prenup and don’t assume their stuff is yours if your marriage ends.
8. Good. They should be mad.
7. Nobody should call you this. If they are, drop them quick!
6. Good thinking.
5. Anybody can SAY something. Signing a prenup proves it.
4. Action, not words. Every single time.
3. One other thing… they help when people do divorce. It’s VERY clear who gets what.
2. Haha, this is also a good idea!
1. Well, this happens to. Good luck!
Clearly I have an opinion about this, but what do you think?