An au pair is a nanny, but just fancier. They travels with the family to a foreign country to take care of the family’s kids, in exchange for a place to stay, and, of course, money.
What’s the job like? What kind of weird circumstances do they get into? Do they end up screwing the parents?
These 20 people working as au pairs open up about their thoughts, feelings and struggles about their unique line of work.
Eye opening confessions in 3, 2, 1…
20. Haha, you’re not very good at this, are you?
19. Well, it’s a different country and a strange family…
18. Yeah, those aren’t really great years…
17. First affair!
16. “I need to GTFO!”
15. Some au pairs are considered part of the family, eventually. So don’t feel guilty!
14. Yeah, that’s a tough schedule. But that’s the job.
12. Yeah, the relationship with the parents can make a difference!
11. That’s fair!
10. Ack! Icy heart melting…
9. Fight. That. Urge.
8. Everybody has their reasons!
7. Again… fight those urges!
6. They’ll get over it. Trust me.
5. Ugh. The parents should help out if this kind of stuff happens.
4. This happens A LOT.
3. Yeah, that’s a problem. Tough to talk to them about it, though.
2. ARRGH! Now that’s frustrating AF!
1. Oh, so you get to be the bad guy. That sucks! But, ya know, money…
Again… never develop a crush on the dad. Just don’t do it. That’s like au pair rule #1!