There are stereotypes across all cultures, and every country and society is guilty of believing them about others and one time or another.
That said, some things in American movies are just so consistent that people can’t help but wonder if perhaps all Americans really are like that, and do those things.
In some cases…yes. But not in all 16 of these hilariously confused instances.
16. It is a loaf of meat and if your mom makes it, it’s delicious.
15. We don’t have a choice, because our legal drinking age is after college graduation.
14. Yeah, not so much.
13. Yes and no. Mostly yes.
12. In certain parts of the country, definitely.
11. Unfortunately yes. Or fortunately, if you’re up to no good.
10. We are professional photography crazy.
9. I think we wish we did.
8. Yes! Is that weird?
7. Yes. It’s like, a pantry staple. They even come frozen.
6. Only teenaged boys.
5. Wait…other people don’t call it hot cocoa?
4. In Texas, definitely.
3. In the Midwest they definitely do.
2. Why would that be a movie thing?
1. Dogs’ names are all over the place.
It’s funny to be on the inside looking out, because I can see how these seem funny.
What’s the weirdest thing movie people do that’s not at all a “normal? thing to do in your culture? Tell us in the comments!