As an author of fiction, I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve heard or read a true story and laughed with an author friend about how no one would believe it could be real if we wrote it in a book.
As an author of historical fiction, I can confirm that there are things about the past that most people could never believe was real – even if it totally is/was – and these 10 examples (all from one Tumblr thread) are pretty solid!
10. The Romans were legit amazing in almost every way.
I mean… vacation travel times? What?!?
9. No Tiffanys allowed.
That is really strange. Perhaps the singer Tiffany ruined it for them?
8. People have been lodging complaints since forever.
Some things never change, right?
7. I honestly had no idea but I’m laughing.
I mean… let’s start this one back up! Nipple rings for you and you and you and DEFINITELY YOU!
6. Who’s uncivilized, now?
How on earth is this even possible?
5. All of this I do believe.
Yeah, people get Vikings COMPLETELY wrong. But whatever.
4. See, the Romans were BOSS.
Wait… vending machines? What?!?
3. I love the chopsticks fact!
It’s one of the best!
2. Legit amazed.
Look up the yakhchāl and you’ll be amazed.
1. Let’s be honest, there’s probably a lot of gold in the Game of Thrones rejection bin.
Debt cards? Hold on a second!
History is pretty cool, guys!
What was the most interesting fact you learned? Or… did you know any of these already?
Let us know in the comments! Because that’s what we do here, fam!