Ok, right out of the gate I’m gonna warn ya, this one is one you’ll want to read at home. We’ve covered a bunch of interesting threads from the r/AskReddit subreddit, but this is a doozy.
It’s basically a fantasy about fantasies. A meta-fantasy/analysis/libido examination that goes off the rails almost immediately, and it all starts with one little question by user ZER0SE7ENONETH:
I’m not sure what “forget technicalities” means, but from the responses, the general understanding seems to be “for the purposes of this question, anything is possible, so use your imagination.” And boy oh boy people sure did.
1. It starts off relatively tame.
Some people are going to be walking funny for a couple days.
2. What if your fantasy is self-improvement?
Well, I’m waking up in the morning, suddenly a 300lb bodybuilder with a naked chick lying on top of me.
3. We’d certainly see some embarrassment in the cold light of day.
A lot less eye contact
4. But then somebody had to go and mention fantasy creatures.
Based on Hentai, probably lots of mythical yet sexual creatures
5. And suddenly we’re in a weird version of “We Didn’t Start the Fire.”
Furries, dragons, cat-girls, snake-ladies, giants, eldritch abominations, Lizard-people etc. are now all real I guess
6. Some of the new creatures I’d be OK with sticking around?
Plus side, the adorable stuff will likely stay! Well get cat girls, dog boys, just various forms of animal human hybrids. That should be fun.
The downside is that we’ll also have the ones that take far more after the animal parts. At least some furries will be happy.
So in conclusion, I see this as an absolute win.
7. This one is an…unpleasant thinker.
Some people have illegal sexual fantasies so cops might have to put in a few extra hours once they figure out how to uncuff themselves from the bedposts.
8. There was literally an episode of Futurama that predicted this one.
Millions of copies of many celebrities.
9. Some of the answers I just…do not want to think about.
Honestly? Probably way more people than expected coming out of cemeteries.
10. Someone summarized it by quoting the greats.
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!
11. Put simply…
Hell. On. Earth.
– [user deleted]
12. Oh look, another Futurama reference!
Death by snoo sooo
13. To each their own.
A lot more furries than you think
14. And then there’s the less wacky realities.
Probably a lot of people filing for divorce, a lot of people taking plan b, and a lot of people getting tested for STDs
15. Why you gotta be a killjoy?
Lots of broken homes, fired teachers, s^x offenders and political scandals
Remember kids, unlike in this thread, s^x has real and grounded consequences. So be careful. And have fun. Don’t turn into a weird tentacle monster, if you can help it.
What would be your response to this question?
Let us know in the comments.