We all want to believe that every date we go on has the potential to turn into something lasting and beautiful. And while that’s technically true, the fact of the matter is that you’ll probably have far more failures than successes before all is said and done.
These 10 people might have gone into their blind dates with measured optimism, but it didn’t take long for them to realize the happy ending wasn’t right around the corner.
10. Seems judgmental, but ok.
I guess we all have our lines in the sand.
9. There’s always that one story that makes you keep going.
At least some people get a happy ending!
8. You can’t judge a book by its cover.
No matter how many times you did it correctly.
7. I mean running out seems kind of excessive.
But at least he didn’t waste her time.
6. Or a mistake.
I guess it depends on why they’re an ex.
5. Dudes actually say this out loud?
And on a first date, to boot!
4. If you need a story to keep you going…
Although I feel like this is the exception and not the norm.
3. It’s best to know up front.
You don’t want to waste time on that nonsense.
2. I have no idea who says this to another human being.
Never mind a human being you’re on a date with.
1. Sometimes you take a chance and it works out.
When you know, you know.
Wow. I’m glad these people have the perspective to be able laugh at these stories now, at least.
Have you ever had a particularly memorable blind or first date, for whatever reason? If so, we’d love to hear the story in the comments!