As a parent of young kids, it seems unfathomable to me that one day in the not too distant future I would be angry enough with them or their choices to shove them out into the big bad world on their own.
That’s exactly the situation these 10 teenagers found themselves in, and even though they’re only sharing one side of the story, I think it’s still interesting to hear what it’s like from their perspective.
10. Welcome to adulthood.
I’m sorry you had to arrive so soon.
9. I feel like this is an extreme reaction.
Or she’s trying to get a rise out of her parents.
8. Sometimes it is for the best.
But that doesn’t mean it’s easy to handle.
7. There must be another side to this story.
I’m sure it feels terrible regardless, though.
6. This definitely seems like a rough transition.
I hope they’re doing better now.
5. Turnabout is fair play.
Doesn’t seem to bode well for a relationship in the future, however.
4. Surely that can’t be the only reason.
It would be super duper petty if it was.
3. I would love to hear their reasons.
This seems like a lot of stress for a sixteen-year-old to handle.
2. Those aren’t the kind of parents they deserved.
Unfortunately, that’s just how it is for some kiddos.
1. This just makes me see red.
Your love for your children is not supposed to be conditional.
Yeah, I don’t know. I feel like a lot could be resolved here if the two sides just sat down and had an honest chat.
Have you had an experience like this in your life? We’d love to hear about it in the comments!