When the movement for women’s rights began over a hundred years ago (in the States), I wonder if the founders realized how long, drawn-out, and ongoing the battle would be – that we would face continued and renewed onslaughts all of these decades later, even in a world that can see, on the surface, to seem to evolved.
These 10 women realize that the fight isn’t over, and below they’re telling us exactly how they’re feeling about going into battle.
10. Most of us are happy to fund healthcare for the less fortunate.
At least, I want to believe it’s most of us.
9. It doesn’t seem like a lot to ask for.
And yet, here we are.
8. What an excellent question.
Anyone have an excellent answer?
7. No one likes to be told no.
Especially not a woman making decisions for her own body.
6. We’re here and we’re loud.
And if you think we’re going away you must not know many women.
5. There’s no need to waste everyone’s time.
Not to mention the money.
4. Call it what you want.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
3. We’re headed there now.
Thanks to the actions (or lack of action) from the Supreme Court.
2. Keep your opinions to yourself.
Or at least, out of people’s doctor’s offices.
1. We didn’t expect to be back here.
But women rose up to join the new fight!
If this sort of stuff matters to you, get that armor, ladies, because the fight is far from over.
How are you feeling about the fight for reproductive rights where you live? Let us know in the comments!