Scroll For Article Below Advertisement
I am one of those people who hadn’t had a chance to see Hamilton before it came to Disney+. I knew what it was about and I’d heard some of the songs (I honestly don’t know how big of a rock you’d have to have been living under to not), but seeing it in person had eluded me.
Like these 11 people, I was super excited to give it a go. Also like these 11 people, I had thoughts and a mighty need to discuss afterward, so please, enjoy their innocence and indulge their enthusiasm, okay?
11. If that doesn’t get you I don’t know what will.
Because there’s not a dry eye in the house.
— olivia | blm (@fallingsolivia) July 3, 2020
10. There’s no preparing for which bit you’ll be humming on any given day.
But it will be a Hamilton lyric.
The Hamilton lyric "your perfume smells like your daddy's got money" is the one stuck in my head today. I fear that like many of my thoughts tweeting it is the only way to excise it.
— alanna (@AlannaBennett) July 8, 2020
9. Hamilton’s stamina was crazy.
I feel like a lazy pos every time I think about it, you?
— Taking a break. (@RHTC_Memes) July 4, 2020
8. They were done with your crap the first time you opened your mouth.
Especially Angelica, look at that face.
— #JUNKTERRORLAWNOW (@lemuelhyung) July 5, 2020
7. Most of the time the whole dueling thing seems terrible.
But then someone says something like this.
— Vote By Mail Sonny (@TheTerribleBlog) July 6, 2020
6. This is an accurate representation.
But also he deserves to congratulate himself there.
— jojo (the black one) (@yojordaan) July 5, 2020
5. Exactly what happened at our house.
Until Taylor dropped “Folklore” sorry Lin.
Me while watching #Hamilton : It’s definitely good but I don’t see why everyone was so obsessed…
Me as soon as it ends with the album on repeat: pic.twitter.com/07sqHNZ85d
— Emma 🍒 (@Emma_Kathryn__) July 5, 2020
4. Yeah this musical giveth, so it must taketh away.
Nothing is perfect.
I'm running for President
– Kanye after watching Hamilton for the 12th time
— J Money #BLM (@JodingersCat) July 5, 2020
3. I am in this tweet but didn’t approve it.
This tweet is all of us.
— Antoinette 💭 (@millenmoderate) July 4, 2020
2. It’s a moment worth waiting for.
And a moment that should make everyone cheer.
Watching Hamilton for the first time and hearing the "Immigrants, we get the job done" line pic.twitter.com/3ifnjHEPPw
— kenjac (@JackKennedy) July 7, 2020
1. We’ve all been the “and Peggy” at some point in our lives.
Just one more reason to relate.
Not a single person:
Peggy: AND PEGGY!#Hamilfilm
— Hamilton (@HamiltonMusical) July 3, 2020
I’m a history buff/nerd, so I knew I would love Hamilton, but I wasn’t prepared for how much!
What were your thoughts after seeing it for the first time? Tell us in the comments!