Hollywood and the media wants to talk a lot about the blissful high of falling in love with somebody new, but far fewer stories and character deep dives go into the opposite side of that coin – falling out of love, sometimes with that very same person.
That some relationships don’t last forever is just a fact of life, though, and these 11 people aren’t afraid to reveal what it was like for them when they realized the love just wasn’t there anymore.
11. This is too many people’s stories.
Guys seriously need to step up their game.
10. When you lose all respect…
It can be hard to keep the romance alive.
9. Kids throw a wrench into everything.
Your decisions no longer affect just you.
8. You have to know your own worth.
And if they can’t see it, it’s time to go!
7. You’ll know when the time is right.
It’s different for everyone.
6. That’s really important to some people.
You have to respect your own priorities!
5. They don’t respect your boundaries.
Things can go downhill fast.
4. A problem of his own making.
And most likely, one that cannot be fixed.
3. Sometimes you just know it’s time to move on.
Even if you don’t want to, it’s the best thing.
2. I think support is pretty important.
If they can’t be there for the small stuff, what about the big stuff?
1. The two of you should be a team.
Otherwise, what’s the point of it all?
I mean, we’ve all been through this, whether we can pinpoint the exact moment or not, so these stories are sort of comforting.
Can you recall an exact moment when you realized the love was totally gone? If so, tell us about it in the comments!