Breakups are rarely easy, even if you’re the one who has decided it’s time for things to end. It’s awkward, it’s emotional, and it can leave everyone at a bit of loose ends, don’t you think?
Apparently, some people also think breaking up involves stealing things. That’s never happened to me, personally, though one time I did gain a cat.
These 11 people do recall things going missing after a breakup, though, and if you’re curious what their exes thought was worth taking, keep scrolling!
11. Always back up your work.
For so many reasons but apparently because people suck, too.
10. I was not expecting that.
What a nightmare to try to undo.
9. How dare he steal books from her.
This would make me rage.
8. This breaks my heart.
But what a nice person to think before taking any action.
7. Why are people like this?
He stole it just to destroy it. That’s a choice.
6. Sometimes they don’t leave you with a choice.
It’s hard being the adult.
5. There are worse things.
Road trips are a great side effect.
4. People always feel as if they have to take sides.
It doesn’t sound like these people weren’t prizes, anyway.
3. Oooh that is just the right amount of petty.
As long as the person deserved it.
2. Who would steal from a kid?
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
1. That’s a modern day middle finger.
Splurge for the good chargers, my friend.
People are so weird, y’all. You have to just love it or let it drive you crazy.
Has an ex taken anything from you after a breakup? Tell us what and whether or not you did anything about it in the comments!