And lets be honest….it looks pretty darn hard.
From dealing with kids, dealing with parents, and dealing with the red tape and higher-ups, teachers don’t have a ton of time to themselves.
Which is all to say, if you think your day job is hard, well…you’ll probably want to give it a big hug after reading these 12 tweets.
12. You mean they don’t stop eating random things by the time they reach school age?
I love grading papers that have bite marks taken out of them. #kindergartenteacherproblems
— Tara McKiernan Burns (@TaraSBurns) December 7, 2017
11. That should definitely go on your business cards.
one of my students just called me a "cruel beasty," which I'm taking as a sign of affection
— Siân Griffiths (@BorrowedHorses) September 6, 2019
10. The struggle is so real.
I just took a pair of foam nunchucks away from a kid (don't ask, 5th grade is a weird age) and now my biggest struggle as a teacher is not flipping them around and doing a Michelangelo impression. #TeachingIsHard
— Doug Robertson (@TheWeirdTeacher) April 12, 2018
9. I’m not a doctor but you might be about to have a heart attack.
— Megan Burleson (@megburleson) September 5, 2019
8. In high school, even produce can be considered contraband.
— Ms. Sweet (@sweeta_english) September 3, 2019
7. Middle school-ish boys are the best/worst.
— Ben Curtis (@Curtis_PHS) September 6, 2019
6. For the love of god, just don’t run off.
— Emily (@EDUwithEMILY) September 5, 2019
5. That is a lot of alarms.
— Laura Mack (@TheReal_MrsMack) August 13, 2019
4. Or emoji-fied at all, really.
— Kimberly McFall (@Educ8tionalTWTR) July 27, 2016
3. Take a minute to unpack that. Or a few minutes.
Me: So what did you do over the weekend for your birthday?
8 yr old: Oh we went to Vegas and stayed the Venetian because that’s my favorite hotel.
Me: Oh wow! I’ve never been there before!
8 yr old: Why? Are you poor? #teachingishard pic.twitter.com/xA5x3phxdY
— Emma Scoringe (@EScoringe) January 18, 2018
2. Awww that is the worst moment as a kid.
Yesterday one of my students called me mom.
I’ve officially made it.
— jordan michelle (@bringe_it_on) September 6, 2019
1. This is like my only job as a sub and I still suck at it.
— Brandie (@BrandieMcnabb) September 5, 2019
I’ve been a substitute teacher, and…yeah. Teachers are saints, and we don’t deserve them.
Do you know a teacher? Better get out there and show them some appreciation!