If you’ve ever created and then pushed a baby out of your body – or lived with someone who has – then you know the entire process leaves your physical body (and fine, your mental one, too) totally wrecked.
It can take awhile to come to terms with how everything has changed (and hormones don’t help), so if you’re curious how other women have managed – and how they feel now that they’ve had a bit of time to reflect – these 12 ladies are ready to spill.
12. Your partner can be a huge boon.
There’s a good chance they love the changes to your body.
11. It IS pretty amazing.
But it can be hard to remember that when you’re in the thick of it.
10. You don’t have to hate the way you look.
If you feel good about it, celebrate yourself!
9. Not everyone wants to be skinny again.
Some people are happy for the excuse to worry about it less.
8. Some women feel like this is what they were meant to do.
And they love their bodies all the more for doing it.
7. It can be hard to recognize yourself in the mirror.
You’ll get there in time, though.
6. Gaining weight is a real pitfall.
Especially because you have much less time to devote to yourself.
5. Having a supportive partner is huge.
I can’t imagine how hard it would be without it.
4. You can never know how it’s going to affect you.
We’re all different, and so are our bodies.
3. Your body might never look the same.
It could be the same weight but a totally different shape.
2. It’s easy to fake it until you make it.
But you don’t have to if it’s not.
1. You didn’t do anything wrong.
And there was nothing you could have done to prevent it.
Well, there you have it. The feelings and reactions really run the gamut, and that’s ok!
If you’d like to add your own feelings about the whole experience, our comments are open.