Scroll For Article Below Advertisement
When it comes to organ donation, there’s apparently A LOT of misinformation out there. So let’s dispel some myths.
First, organs are given on the basis of need, not greed. While it is true that people can go places in the world and purchase organs, that’s rare. And they definitely can’t do that in the United States. So if you decide to donate ANY organ, it’ll go to the next person on the list. Guaranteed.
Second, nobody is going to let you die because they want your organs. That would be completely illegal, and there’s no evidence this has ever happened when it comes to modern-day, organ donation programs. Especially those in first world countries. So if you believe this is happening, you’re probably a moron.
Alright, on to the secret reasons!
13. Rich. People. Are. NOT. Profiting. From. This.
12. This is actually a good point.
11. Another good point.
10. Right, but you won’t need them eventually…
9. THEY. WILL. NOT. DO. THIS.
8. Ultimately it’s a very personal choice.
7. But do you really know for sure or are you just guessing?
6. I can’t believe THIS many people actually believe this!
5. That’s not actually a bad reason, but it is very specific.
4. No they won’t. That’s not how it works!
3. This person just does not give AF!
2. Fair point, although this is bound to change eventually.
1. Good exception.
Of course it is completely okay to NOT donate your organs if you don’t want to. But if you’re doing it because you believe any of the myths out there… you’re wrong. And likely stupid.
Sorry, not sorry.