Scroll For Article Below Advertisement
If you’ve grown up in an English-speaking country, then you might not realize how hard of a language English can be to learn.
There are rules, sure, but they often seem made to be broken. Add that to the fact that it’s rife with idioms, words that are spelled the same but pronounced differently, and how many separate words we can have to describe exactly the same thing, and well…things can get out of control.
As is proven by these 15 memes…
15. I mean. It’s a valid question.
14. I grew up speaking English but I couldn’t explain to you why this is a thing.
13. If you thought English was bad, wait until you try Southern English.
12. Maybe an accidental pun?
11. No matter how hard you try to avoid it, sometimes you just can’t.
10. I’m going to start pronouncing these the same way…jury is out on which way feels right, though.
Why is naked pronounced naked but baked is not pronounced baked
— nikk. 🎈 (@nikkideejay) September 22, 2019
9. Don’t even get me started on Seamus.
8. Well when you say it that way.
7. It makes no sense.
6. And that’s on a good day.
5. My apologies in advance.
4. Just try not to shudder.
3. Not all games are fun.
2. I don’t want to think about this.
1. Keep reading at your own risk.
I’m glad I only had to learn Latin in school!
Is English your first language? If not, let us know what the hardest parts were to learn!
Share your thoughts in the comments!