Scroll For Article Below Advertisement
You’re not supposed to live with your parents after you’re 21, right? Or at least after you’ve graduated college or gotten your first job?
Yeah, that’s not really the thing anymore. People are living at home A LOT longer these days, and, spoiler alert, this is how they do it in MOST countries. Living at home is something people do until they get married, or at least get a serious significant other. And even then, the SO moves in!
So fight the stigma! These 19 individuals did because they actually love living with their parents.
Here are the surprising reasons why they sacrifice independence to live at home.
1. This would not be enough for me to live at home.
2. Some people have a hard time going off on their own.
3. It’ll have to happen eventually…
4. Haha, well, that’s one way to look at it!
5. Feel the love!
6. Then do it already!
7. No, it doesn’t mean you’re a dead beat. At all.
8. Start saving now! And don’t blame them!
9. You can actually save A LOT of money living at home. Good for retirement!
10. This is a good plan. Seriously.
12. Nope. Not bad at all!
13. Yeah, this is past the “saving money” phase. Sorry pal.
14. But is it unpopular these days?
15. Hmmm, sounds co-dependent to me…
16. All good things!
17. Yeah, it’s hard to say no to free rent.
18. Well, he’s not entirely wrong…
19. Then go get it!
Listen, if you want to stay at home for a while, even through your mid-20s. No big deal.
As I’ve said, you can save a TON of money. Even for retirement. Or that first house. Or planning for a family.
Just make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons. Have a plan. Make your life better. And then go find your independence.