Yes, tokophobia is a real thing and it affects a lot more people than you may first think.
It can also manifest in different ways. Some people are afraid of getting pregnant, while others are worried about actually giving birth WHILE they’re pregnant.
The following 20 women talk about their condition and give us a lot to think about.
20. Hopefully the doctors will listen.
19. Avoidance is common.
18. The fear is real.
17. Hopefully posts like this will help
16. Maybe prepare them with some links and literature?
15. I have anxiety just reading that!
14. Yes. Adoption is a GREAT option.
13. A common feeling among those suffering from this.
11. Glad you’re taking care of yourself.
10. A way to overcome your fear?
9. This is totally fair.
7. Time to have a conversation. You’ll never know until you talk.
6. It’ll only ruin them if you don’t talk about it.
5. I have no words…
4. Sounds common.
3. FIVE? That is so specific!
2. Definitely hard to feel good about it.
1. Hahaha… not bad advice…
Do any of you out there have tokophobia?
How have you been able to cope?