If there’s one thing about our appearances that can really give – or strip – a person’s confidence, it’s their teeth. We have to open our mouths every day to smile, to eat, to speak, and if you’re uncomfortable with how your teeth look it can really negatively impact the rest of your life.
These 22 people decided it was time to take matters into their own hands – or at least to put matters into the hands of a capable dentist – and the transformations are truly breathtaking.
22. What’s cute at 12 seems not so much later.
I’m sure her mom really tried, though.
21. This is a RADICAL transformation.
I can’t imagine needing surgeries on my face.
20. Love her smile in both pictures, though.
I think most people feel like braces are worth the pain.
19. Braces don’t get enough credit.
They’re kind of a miracle.
18. When you feel like a totally new person!
That is the best feeling, isn’t it?
17. Before, during, and after…
She was always pretty but what a difference!
16. Some doctors are so good at their jobs.
This is a killer team!
15. Happier and more confident is the goal.
This is the best possible outcome for sure.
14. I’m sure this wasn’t without pain.
Her smile says she’s glad she did it!
13. Her teeth are gorgeous.
A++ work, orthodontist.
12. Five years might seem like a long time…
But it’s a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things.
11. Rocking the new haircut, too.
His smile is the best.
M/20/5’9’’ [137 lbs] 15 months. Left to right: Start Date: November 12th 2018. Finish date: February 27th 2020! Just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of heart for my orthodontist in helping me give something to truly smile about – a handsome, warm smile. 🥳🦷😊 #bracesoff. from progresspics
10. I wonder how long she had them on?
She looks like she feels like herself!
9. Being able to smile without thinking about it is something so many take for granted.
It should be a thing everyone can do.
I got braces on when I was in 5th grade because of how messed up my teeth were, and for the next 9 years I was always embarrassed to smile. Now here I am in my second year of college, able to smile without worrying about what others think of my teeth – it’s an amazing feeling! from happy
8. Braces should get more credit for changing people’s lives.
A miracle for self confidence.
7. I can only imagine how much more confident she must feel.
A pretty girl either way, but still.
6. This is so much to endure.
She definitely looks happy with the results though – as she should!
5. Two important rites of passage.
You can see her confidence shining through.
4. Was it the braces that made the difference?
I guess we’ll never know, but I guess it was part of it!
3. She had her teeth lengthened, too.
Isn’t modern science a miracle?
2. She looks happy in both pictures.
That makes me happy.
1. This kid’s smile just makes me happy.
Wow, I honestly didn’t think these would shock and awe me as much as they did.
Which of these really dropped your jaw? Tell us in the comments!