There’s nothing quite like working a customer service job. Any gig that requires you to be “on” and in front of other human beings for all or a majority of your shift is next level – because people are something else, y’all.
Whether you’ve been a phone rep, a retail worker, a server, or any other angel working with the public every single day, these 25 memes are going to feel oh-so-true.
25. “Hmm, let me check.”
“Yep, it’s closed.
24. Sure, I’ve got more hands.
They act like they don’t notice, too.
23. I want to say I’ve never been guilty of this.
But I don’t want to lie to y’all.
22. Do you have eyes, lady?
They don’t really see you, though, right?
21. It really does take years off your soul.
And off your skin, as you can see.
20. And your eye starts to twitch.
Some people are not doing the best job raising kids.
19. Yes yes he’ll definitely get the message.
You’ll never know the difference.
18. You actually do, though, because there’s just another phone call coming behind it.
Unless you have a quota and then, I’m sorry.
17. You can just assume.
And it kills us a little bit to answer you, just so you know.
16. You never know if you’re coming back, do you?
And honestly, you don’t have the will to care.
15. I don’t understand why this is a thing.
Why y’all want to do this to people?
14. This is my fake polite face.
I actually hate your guts.
13. Sorry I didn’t hear you what?
I’m already halfway out the door.
12. Unless you want some really bad karma, don’t.
Also literally everyone inside will hate you.
11. We all know this face.
It’s standard issue, I think.
10. How do you seriously not know that?
Why are you even there?
9. You can’t help it! This is the face.
You’d think people would learn but they don’t.
8. I mean breaks are legally required, so.
What do you want me to do I can’t break the law.
7. No one is going to turn off that machine.
Certainly not if it’s making money!
6. They’re so callous about it, too!
Also this Newman face is just perfect.
5. Math is no bueno.
Just keep your change to yourselves, people!
4. Do the people in Publix even wear blue?
I guess all customer service reps look alike?
3. Why are people like this?
How hard is it to say hello?
2. You have to do the face and everything.
Talk less, smile more.
1. I’m aging as we speak.
Somehow it doesn’t affect them, though.
Sometimes I miss working outside my house with other human beings, but then I read stories like these, and yeah. Not so much.
If you work in customer service, use the comments to tell us your best/worst recent story!