Our world changes rapidly, all the time, and it affects dating and relationships and everything in between. We’re pretty much throwing up our hands everywhere right now trying to figure out what’s going to happen next, but at least we’ve got each other.
And these 12 tweets that show how the state of the world today is changing the way we romance (and stuff).
12. At least you’re not alone.
I tested positive for being a dumb bit*h who texts their ex
— wittyidiot (@stephenszczerba) March 28, 2020
11. It’s like living in the good ol’ days.
imagine meeting someone on social media. you chat for days, have deep conversations, everything clicks, then you meet up in june only to find out they don’t smell right what a waste of time
— no (@thatsdatingnow) March 26, 2020
10. The talking dirty really leaves something to be desired.
we’re on lockdown but you’re the only one I wanna lockdown
— sarah (@sarahhiixo) March 20, 2020
9. No time like the present to build one!
I wish my wife had a she shed.
— Simon Holland (@simoncholland) March 27, 2020
8. To stop yourself from doing it rn honestly.
If you haven’t texted your ex yet clap your hands
— Honest Restaurant Manager (@phileagle_) March 26, 2020
7. What a great time to be alive.
“I’m going to f*ck every guy who tries when this is over.” -me talking to my cat day eight of quarantine
— Lindsay Theisen (@lindsaytheis) March 23, 2020
6. The pay is probably terrible.
My husband hates his new job as my IT guy.
— luke i am your mother (@MommaUnfiltered) March 27, 2020
5. They’re probably feeling pretty smug for the first time in years, too.
on the bright side the only guys getting laid rn are the ones who had the good sense to man up and commit
— Dana Donnelly (@danadonly) March 26, 2020
4. He’s just not that into you.
none of your boyfriends have corona they just don’t want to see you
— Ali Kolbert (@AliKolbert) March 28, 2020
3. I mean, hope springs eternal.
What are men doing during all this extra free time? Reflecting on their actions i hope
— Gråçë (@garrcie) March 26, 2020
2. Keeping the romance alive.
Ordered another set of work pajamas.
— Just Bill (@WilliamAder) March 30, 2020
1. I don’t want to laugh at this but I totally am.
These are just the hilarity I needed to remind me that there’s always a reason to laugh to keep from crying.
How has the current avalanche of nonsense affected your relationship? I know you’ve got a funny story of your own to share in the comments!