Social media influencers. They think they have “really hard jobs” looking pretty from every angle and saying all the right things that get them free stuff (or shame people who refuse to give them free stuff), the rest of us basically assume they’re getting paid more than us for doing basically nothing.
These 14 business owners aren’t being fooled by the promise of sales and massive exposure, though, and not a one of them is afraid to tell the influencers who approach them to take a hike.
God love ’em.
14. This is actually unbelievable.
13. Hahahaha but she already told everyone the food was amazing.
Yelper is mad because restaurant didn’t them free meal in exchange for potential IG exposure from trashy
12. Cash only seems perfectly reasonable to me.
Why is it that when you turn down "promotion!!!11!" in exchange for REAL hard work, these people instantly do a 180? xD from ChoosingBeggars
11. Have a great week, you disgrace.
Laura Worthington of Laura’s Little Bakery is sick of people asking for freebies. from influencerfails
10. “I do not work for free.” One more time for the people in the back!
He said he’d fry my router so this is goodbye. from ChoosingBeggars
9. Exposure doesn’t pay the bills.
8. Did she really….compare that to slave labor?
My friend is a photographer and he told me that he usually gets tons of messages like this one ! from ChoosingBeggars
7. Just a bit of friendly advice.
6. Apart from what we offer everyone, no.
5. Dude we know you can afford to pay rent.
Bachelorette contestant wants free rent to be "live-in influencer" from ChoosingBeggars
4. Which is to say, none at all.
3. No means no, hello.
Yeah I need exposure, but not this way, also I think the amount of emojis he used is scary from ChoosingBeggars
2. What do you mean, likes aren’t compensation?!
Likes do not pay the bills ma’am from ChoosingBeggars
1. No need to mince words.
These are amazing, and may I one day have enough confidence in my business and product to tell someone trying to take advantage of me to go piss up a rope.
No niceties involved.