Scroll For Article Below Advertisement
Nightmare neighbors can range from an unwanted annoyance to the reason you leave behind a dream home. The only thing worse than a neighbor who you find irritating is a neighbor you’re worried might be actively endangering you or the things you care about.
That, apparently, is the situation that Reddit user tdog945 found themselves in when they took to r/AmITheAsshole to get some perspective.
So, what did Reddit think? Was OP in the right, or was the girlfriend correct in saying they’re turning this into a bigger deal than it is?
The answer was overwhelmingly…
1. Yeah, no, that Karen is wrong.
2. Apparently this is something that happens a lot.
3. The basic tenant of “no trespassing” certainly seems to apply.
4. OP got a lot of love.
5. Many believed a lawsuit was indeed the right way to go.
6. Always expect the unexpected on r/AmItheAsshole.
7. Literally get off my lawn, said all.
8. Nobody was buying that the neighbor had no liability here.
9. Beware people who do “nice” things for their own purposes.
10. However…not everyone was sure OP had the cause and effect right.
It’s hard to say in this case whether or not the neighbor was truly responsible for endangering or killing OP’s pets. When the thread got closed down they were apparently awaiting some kind of toxicology report to confirm. Either way, I think we can all agree, don’t go screwing with other peoples’ homes.
But what do you think about all this?
Chime in in the comments.