Scroll For Article Below Advertisement
Are you into cosplay and costumes but it’s 2020 so you have nowhere to go in order to show them off? Never fear, the latest TikTok trend is here! The #WhatIdWear…challenge? (Sensation? Thing?) is a simple and fun concept sweeping the platform at the moment. All you have to do is put together a few outfits from your favorite fictional worlds and show ’em off in a quick video!
Unlike traditional cosplay which focuses on detailed recreations of specific characters, #WhatIdWear is more about mimicking the general feel of the wardrobe from a universe you’d like to visit.
Here are 14 great examples of some folks who have been knocking it out of the park.
14. Stranger Things / Supernatural / Scooby Doo / Doctor Who
The flashlight thing is pretty brilliant.
13. Stranger Things / Supernatural / Gravity Falls / Criminal Minds
The accent lighting is a nice touch.
12. Star Wars / Game of Thrones / Harry Potter / Vikings
She’s got the runway-walk-in-place thing DOWN.
11. Game of Thrones / Stranger Things / Grease / Baywatch
Ok but that last one was just an excuse to take your shirt off and honestly nobody’s complaining.
10. Stranger Things / Avengers / Glee / Lost
Glee? GLEE? You dare to bring us back to those days?!
9. Pokemon / Star Wars / Pirates of the Caribbean / Harry Potter
Looks like Team Rocket’s blasting off again!
8. Stranger Things / Naruto / Harry Potter / The 100
Whoa, wait, The 100 is still a thing?
7. Star Wars / Harry Potter / Naruto / Doctor Who
Start a petition to make her the next Doctor.
6. Stranger Things / Thirteen Reasons Why / La Casa De Papel / Elite
The 13 reasons one looks comfy af.
5. Pokemon / Star Wars / MCU / Disney
This is great but…who’s pushing you in the beginning? Do we need to call somebody?
What I’d wear in movies 🎥✨ (ib. @the.navarose )
4. Stranger Things / Harry Potter / Pokemon / Adventure Time
Are jean jackets cool again? I still have like 3.
i tried my best with what i have 😔✋ ib: @the.navarose ✨
3. Heathers / Stranger Things / The Breakfast Club / Star Wars
Wasn’t expecting to see a Breakfast Club nod on this list. Well done.
2. Living Single / The Jamie Foxx Show / In Living Color / The Parkers
Damn, the 90’s were just super bright, weren’t they?
1. Pokemon / Star Wars / MCU / Harry Potter
This is the user who apparently started the whole trend!
So if you’ve got a fandom itch that just can’t be scratched cause all your conventions and meetups and costume parties are gone, never fear! The internet is here. Get out there and make something fabulous.
What four things would you choose to try?
Tell us your plans in the comments.